Tuesday, October 2, 2012

New Obsession

The BBC production of Sherlock.

Most brilliant show I've watched in years.


I normally can't stand watching anything that's more than an hour long coz I just get SO impatient, but I've been hooked on this one even though each episode is 90 minutes long! And I can't take my eyes off the screen and multitask like I normally would with most shows coz there is SO MUCH I WOULD MISS IF I DID. It's just so well-written and so witty and so quirky...and Sherlock is so suave and Watson is so endearing and there are all these crazy twists and the explosive brilliance that sometimes produces more explosives than brilliance... Thank God they only have 6 episodes out now, or I can wave goodbye to finishing my Masters haha.

***

Sherlock: Punch me in the face!
Watson: Punch you?
Sherlock: Yes, punch me in the face! Didn't you hear me?
Watson: I always hear "Punch me in the face" when you're speaking but it's usually subtext.

***

Jim Moriarty, Sherlock's archenemy is sending him a text:

Come and play.
Tower Hill.
But how should I sign it?
Jim
He’ll know that’s me, right?
But what if he knows another Jim?
Oh, god. What if he thinks it’s that idiot serial killer Stabby Jim from Manor Park? I hate that guy. Why does he have to be named Jim? Why haven’t I killed him yet?
Maybe if I…
Jim (from the pool)
No. Just—I can’t. No.
Jim M.
That’s better.
Unless Sherlock thinks it’s my brother. Does Sherlock know I have a brother? He might know I have a brother. Why does my brother have to be named Jim? Why does everyone have to be named Jim? Why haven’t I killedeveryone yet?
Okay, okay. Calm down. You’re overthinking this. Just keep it simple.
JM
He’ll know who I am. Of course he’ll know who I am. Unless he thinks John’s having trouble telling his Ws from his Ms again. Ha ha ha. I love how stupid ordinary people are.
Initials. Short and to the point. That’s what Sherlock would do.
Crap.
That’s exactly what Sherlock would do. That’s what he always does—“SH”.
What if he thinks I’m copying him?
Dammit, dammit, dammit.
Jim Moriarty
Fine.
I’ll just put my whole name.
Seems kind of impersonal, though.
Jim Moriarty x
There.
Perfect.
Now should that have a full stop at the end, or…?
Jim Moriarty x.
> SEND MESSAGE
Oh god, oh god, oh god.
Why did I do that?
I shouldn’t have added a full stop.
Now he’s looking at the full stop, and he’s judging me.

No comments:

Post a Comment