Monday, November 26, 2012

Heart Expansion

Elijah raised up an Elisha who had a double portion of his anointing.

Tozer raised up a Leonard Ravenhill whose ministry had a far greater reach than Tozer's ever had. Most people don't even know who Tozer is, but everyone knows Leonard Ravenhill.

Am I willing to give my all just to raise up my own Elisha/Leonard Ravenhill who will run triply faster than me, who will go where I will never be able to go, and who will bring and expand the knowledge of the glory of God so much further than I could ever do?

I've come to realize that I don't want to dream in a way that will bring me glory. I don't want the dream to die with me and my life. I want to dream so big that it can only be accomplished through several generations working together - going higher, deeper, wider, further - till the whole earth is FILLED with the knowledge of God.

I'm starting to understand that it doesn't matter whether or not people remember what I say, as long as the message is carried across and provokes others to give their all for Jesus. Maybe this will be the secret to fruitfulness, but it will involve so much dying to self. Everything is for the building up of the body of Christ.

I've come to see that if I speak something that is from God, even if it offends others and makes me look grumpy and cynical and judgemental, it will eventually lead to the the fulfillment of God's purposes. It will eventually lead us back to God. I have to not be afraid of offending, not be afraid of speaking the truth, not be afraid of yielding myself to Him. There is a place for questions in the body of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment