Sunday, November 25, 2012

Life Beyond Death

Today I felt God asking me...

If you can find no one else willing to carry the spirit of Elijah, will you still run with me?

If you can find no one else willing to carry the spirit of John the Baptist, will you still desire it?

If you can find no one else willing to be a Tozer, will you still speak truth?

If you can find no one else willing to be a Jim Elliot, will you still die for me?

If you can find no one else willing to be a William Wilberforce, will you still fight for me?

Where can I find someone willing to be an Elijah and challenge the spirit of this age?

Where can I find a John the Baptist who would stay in the wilderness and love it because it would mean it's just the both of us?

Where can I find a Tozer who would not compromise for the sake of his generation?

Where can I find a Jim Elliot who would give up his life for the sake of one cause?

Where can I find a William Wilberforce who would desire to see an entire generation of slaves find true freedom?

It's time to stop waiting for someone to catch your vision. It's time to stop waiting for someone to run with you. It's time to stop fearing loneliness and just run your own race. I AM your partner. I will run with you. I will die with you. I will fight with you.

Start running and the rest will follow.

***

Am I willing to give it all even if no one else will? Am I willing to contend for the dreams that God has put upon my heart, even if no one else understands?

If I am not, I am living for the glory of man. Not the glory of God.

It's time to stop mourning over lost strength and dreams and start becoming willing to live in the depths of my weakness that the heights of God's glory may be displayed in me. I need to choose weakness, choose foolishness, choose meekness.

I felt in my season of barrenness that God was strangely resuscitating some of the gifts that He had temporarily taken away from me as He was working things in my life. But it would require boldness, courage, love, truth, death, absolute dependency for it to yield any real fruit.

I told God I am tired of serving other people's dreams. I feel like I am doing so many things, but none of it corresponds to the cry of my heart. None of it really satisfies.

And God said, "I have not forgotten you. I have not forgotten your story. I have not forgotten the dreams I've put in your heart. But you have to contend for them."

***

Today I realised, something special always happens in the place of prayer for me that has never happened when I read or write.

Elijah prayed.

John the Baptist prayed.

Tozer prayed.

I need to pray too.

Whatever I do must come forth from that place of complete weakness.

I don't want to give people words that are not filled with the breath of God and His life.

I don't want to give people words that are not birthed forth from that place of wrestling and yielding and loving.

I don't want to speak or do anything unless He asks me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment