Friday, November 23, 2012

What's Keeping Me Alive? (November 2012)

Ice cream

Reminders that I am needed and wanted as a friend

Meeting up again and again with the same people just because we can

Crazy, punk rock renditions of songs we can't really sing because we can't really sing them

Laughter in the midst of worship

Book-loving friends who give me books :)

More blank notebooks reminding me to write

Someone with whom to share the words that are blowing my mind away

Knowing it is always worth it to go the extra mile

People who remind me to keep going. Keep going. Keep going.

People who know my love language is food - and buy me food!

Ridiculous movies that remind us of what's important. The poetry in our hearts. Family. Laughter and love above brilliance.

Chocolate chunk cookies with a secret melting center

Christy Nockels

The Spirit of the Disciplines

Redemptive theology of the flesh

Coconut jelly

Sunday school songs

Sharing food

Clear, crisp writing

Intentional pacts

Being surprised by the enjoyable company of another person

Leading prayer and feeling God lead you into a realm you can never access even when you're doing the things your heart love most

Seeing people grow to love the Word

Swimming

The sea

Water

Flannery O' Connor

Being trusted when I can't even trust myself

The realness of Jesus

His strength for my weaknesses

No comments:

Post a Comment